iTero 3D Scanner Services in Cape Coral, FL
Providing Precision Results for Better Smiles
Has a Cape Coral, FL dentist recommended you have your teeth straightened? If so, they might have also mentioned that a new technology will provide you with more accurate results. And it will do so quickly and more comfortably. That technology is called iTero.
What Is iTero?
iTero is an intraoral digital scanner that takes 3D images of the inside of your mouth, including your teeth, jaws, and any potential alignment issues you might have.
What Is the iTero 3D Digital Scanner Used For?
The iTero scanner gives your dentist a more accurate view of your entire mouth, teeth, gums, and all other oral aspects of your mouth. Therefore, the iTero scanner makes it easier for your dentist to create digital impressions for orthodontic procedures such as Invisalign.
One of the best things about the iTero scanner is that it’s a much more comfortable process than traditional bite scans. Additionally, the iTero’s accuracy means your dentist in Cape Coral, FL, can provide you with a more accurate diagnosis in less time.
Traditional scans sometimes require multiple attempts to get the right oral impression, making for a less pleasant experience for you as a patient. And iTero makes it easy for the dentist to start and stop the scan as much as needed based on your gag reflex and other dental discomforts.
Here are some of the most common things the iTero scanner is used for.
- It helps your dentist make more natural-looking bridges.
- Eliminates the discomfort that comes from holding a tray in your mouth for long periods of time.
- Creates more natural-looking crowns, veneers, and other dental restorations.
- iTero scanners develop invisible aligners that are tailored specifically to fit your mouth.
- The iTero 3D scanner is also used to examine the results of your ceramic and metal braces.
What Are the Benefits of Using the iTero 3D Scanner?
Dentists rave over the benefits of using an iTero 3D scanner in Cape Coral, FL.
- Your orthodontist will scan your mouth with iTero and show you how your new orthodontic treatment will look once completed.
- The iTero makes it easier to determine which treatment you want because, with the iTero, you will know what to expect.
- iTero gives you peace of mind when considering your diagnosis and how to treat it.
- The iTero 3D scanner provides you with extremely accurate and precise impressions. There is almost no chance of impression errors.
- The iTero scanner saves a significant amount of time (more about that in a moment) compared to traditional scans.
- The iTero 3D scanner is much more comfortable compared to traditional bite scans.
- The iTero 3D scanner is sustainable because it doesn’t use disposable impression trays and other materials.
- The iTero scanner is 100% radiation-free, making it safe for everyone!
How Long Does It Take to Perform an iTero 3D Scan?
The iTero scanner is held over your teeth. This makes it quick and easy for it to scan every aspect of your teeth, gums, jaw alignment, and mouth. The 3D images will then be digitally saved. This entire process only takes about three minutes or less to complete.